BEVERLY SHAFFER Loves to teach Piano:
Beverly Shaffer has been teaching piano in Montgomery for since 1978.
Beverly loves the opportunity to develop and maintain long term relationships with her students. Beverly develops personal relationships with young people and with her adult students. These friendships – forged around piano lessons – add a lot to the learning experience.
She enjoys watching as her students begin to unravel the complexities of music and enjoys helping her students explore the expressiveness of making music. Students of any age can learn to play expressively.
Students have been listening to music since birth.
It’s such a joy to watch my students as they begin to realize that they can make music. It is a joy to make music together. – Beverly Shaffer
MORE FACTS ABOUT BEVERLY SHAFFER:
Beverly Shaffer – Formal Education:
- Master of Music – Peabody College of Vanderbilt University, Nashville
- Bachelor of Music – Peabody College of Vanderbilt University, Nashville
Beverly Shaffer – Professional Experience:
Beverly’s experience has been laid out here for you in chronological order.
If you have any questions regarding the time that Beverly was associated with these venues she’ll be happy to give you the specifics.
- Auburn University Montgomery, Adjunct Faculty
- Huntington College, Adjunct Faculty
- Georgia Academy of Music, Atlanta, Piano Faculty
- Montgomery School of Fine Arts, Piano Faculty
- Judson College, Marion, AL, Piano Instructor
- University of Montevallo, Piano Instructor, Staff Accompanist
- Cuyahoga Community College, Cleveland, OH, Piano Instructor
- Peabody College, Nashville, Staff Accompanist
- Blair Academy of Music, Nashville, Staff Accompanist
- Nashville Symphony Orchestra, Violinist
Beverly Shaffer – Professional Memberships:
- Music Teachers National Association
- Montgomery Music Teachers Forum
- Kindermusik Teachers Association
Beverly Shaffer – Continuing Education:
Attended numerous workshops, master classes, seminars, etc., on piano pedagogy, including “The Prevention, Identification and Treatment of Music-Related Injuries” and “Exploring Psychological and Physical Tensions in Performance”
Beverly Shaffer – Performance Experience:
Over one hundred faculty and guest recitals in the last twenty-five years. Programs have included major chamber music repertoire as well as solo recitals. Performances have been at various colleges, universities and recital series in the Southeast.
Beverly Shaffer – Notable Student Achievements:
Many of Beverly’s students have gone on to receive awards and other kinds of recognition. Take a look at Beverly Shaffer’s list of student successes in music.